VI International Symposium on Strong Nonlinear Vibronic and Electronic Interactions in Solids
Tartu (Estonia), April 28th to May 1st, 2018
Over the past decades an intense collaboration between Estonian and German researchers has developed in the field of condensed matter physics, reflected by the organization of a series of bilateral Estonian-German workshops in 2008, 2009, and 2011. From 2013 the bilateral format of the meetings has developed into an international scientific workshop on current topics in condensed matter physics and a special focus on nonlinear phenomena. In order to keep the workshop compact and its topics focused on the chosen problems, it is supposed that the number of participants will be limited and the participants will have to be invited/approved by the Organizing Committee.
We note that established close collaboration of German and Estonian scientists has an historical background: Adolf von Harnack - the founder and the first President of Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften (now Max-Planck-Gesellschaft) was born in Tartu and graduated from Dorpat (at present Tartu) University.
There is no conference fee for participants. The deadline for registration and submission of the abstract of your talk is March 30, 2018.
Topics of the symposium
- Nonlinear dynamics of crystal lattices
- Strongly correlated electronic and magnetic systems
- Solid state spectroscopy and nonlinear quantum optics
- Vladimir Hizhnyakov (Institute of Physics, University of Tartu, Estonia)
- Reinhard K. Kremer (Max Planck Institute, Stuttgart, Germany)
- Götz Seibold (Brandenburg Technical University, Cottbus, Germany)
- Institute of Physics, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Stuttgart, Germany
- Brandenburg University of Technology, Cottbus, Germany