Birth place and date: May 19, 1939; Tartu
Education and academic degrees:
Diploma cum laude in theoretical physics - University of Tartu, 1962
Ph.D. in theoretical physics - University of Tartu, 1968
(Theoretical Problems of Raman Scattering by Impurity Centres in Crystals)
D.Sc. in solid state physics - Institute of Physics of the Latvian Acad. Sci ., 1991
(Transform Method in Spectroscopy of Resonance Raman Scattering by Multimode Systems)
1962-1963, lab. assistant, Institute of Physics and Astronomy of the Estonian Acad. Sci. (IPA)
1963-1977, junior scientist, IPA ; 1965-1968, graduate student, IPA ;
1977 - present, senior scientist, Institute of Physics, University of Tartu
Main scientific activities:
Theoretical spectroscopy of crystals/molecules; theory of secondary radiation, coherent and spontaneous Raman scattering and hot luminescence; relaxation and transfer of electronic excitation
Honors/awards: Science Premium of Soviet Estonia 1965 (group of authors)
Participation in scientific organizations: Estonian Physical Society, Estonian Naturalists' Society
List of 20 chosen publications:
- V.Hizhnyakov, I.Tehver, On the Theory of Resonance Secondary Radiation by Impurity Centres of Crystals, Phys. Stat. Sol. 21, 755 (1967).
- V.Hizhnyakov, K.Rebane, I.Tehver, Some Theoretical Aspects of Secondary Radiation During Vibrational Relaxation of Luminescence Centers, In: Light Scattering Spectra of Solids, Ed. G.B.Wright, Springer-verlag, New York Inc., 1969, p.513
- V.Hizhnyakov, I.Tehver, On the Theory of Hot Luminescence and Resonant Raman Effect of Impurity Centres, Phys. Stat. Sol. 39, 67 (1970).
- I.Tehver, V.Hizhnyakov, Radiationless transfer of electronic excitation during vibrational relaxation, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 69, 599 (1975) (in Russian; English translation in: Sov. Phys.-JETP, 42, 305 (1976) .
- I.Tehver, Inhomogeneously Broadened Spectrum of Resonance Secondary Radiation by Impurity Centres at Monochromatic Excitation, Preprint F-5, Institute of Physics, Acad. Sci. Estonian SSR , 1977 (in Russian).
- V.Hizhnyakov, I.Tehver, On the Theory of Continuum Resonance Raman Scattering from Diatomic Molecules, Optics Comm., 22, 49 (1977).
- V.Hizhnyakov, I.Tehver, Phase and Energetic Relaxation in Resonant Raman Scattering and Hot Luminescence, J.Luminescence, 18/19, 673 (1979).
- V.Hizhnyakov, I.Tehver, Resonant Scattering of Light by Slowly Fluctuating Localized Electrons, Phys. Stat. Sol. (b), 95, 65 (1979).
- I.Tehver, Raman Profile with Consideration for Condon and Non-Condon Terms, Optics Comm., 38, 279 (1981).
- A.Haav, K.Haller, I.Tehver, L.Rebane, Low-Temperature Excitation Spectra of Resonance Scattering by MnO-4 in KClO4, FTT - Solid State Physics, 26, 3280 (1984) (in Russian).
- V.Hizhnyakov, I.Tehver, Transform Method in Resonance Raman Scattering with Quadratic Franck-Condon and Herzberg-Teller Interactions, J. Raman Spectroscopy, 19, 383 (1988).
- V.Hizhnyakov, I.Tehver and G.Zavt, Resonance Raman Scattering in Multi-Mode Jahn-Teller Systems, J. Raman Spectroscopy, 21, 231 (1990).
- I.Tehver, Resonance Raman Scattering in the Case of a Strong Dynamic Jahn-Teller Effect, J. Raman Spectroscopy, 22, 211 (1991).
- V.Hizhnyakov, I.Tehver , Resonance Raman Scattering of Multimode Systems: Fourier Amplitude Approach, J. Raman Spectroscopy, 24, 653 (1993).
- I.Tehver, Transform Relations between Absorption and Coherent Resonance Raman Scattering in Homogeneous and Inhomogeneous Media, Proc. Estonian Acad. Sci. Phys. Math., 42, 329 (1993).
- V.Hizhnyakov, I.Tehver, Spontaneous an Coherent Resonance Raman Scattering of Multimode Systems; Transform Laws for Excitation Profiles, J. Raman Spectroscopy, 28, 403 (1997).
- I.Tehver, Study of Ultrafast Relaxation in Vibronic Systems by Coherent Raman Scattering, In: Electron-Phonon Dynamics and Jahn-Teller Effect, Eds. G.Bevilacqua, L.Martinelli, N.Terzi, World Scientific, Singapore-New Jersey-London-Hong Kong, 1998, p.144.
- I.Tehver, Effects of solvent fluctuations on coherent Raman scattering, J. Luminescence, 83-84,43 (!999).
- I.Tehver, Relaxation parameters via femtosecond CARS in multimode molecular systems, J. Luminescence, 94-95, 605 (2001).
- I.Tehver, A possibility of distinguishing the inhomogeneous broadening via coherent Raman spectra, J. Luminescence, 107, 266 (2004).
Back to main page