Ph.D., research associate
Date of birth: July 19, 1964
Scientific degree: 1999, Ph.D. in solid state physics, IP UT
Areas of professional experience: solid state theory, strongly correlated systems, high-temperature superconductivity.
1986-1988, engineer, Tallinn Construction Institute
1988-1991, engineer, IP EAS
1999-2000, Scientist, IP UT
Participation in international RTD cooperation projects:
"High temperature superconductivity research ", research associate,1997-1999. Prof. E. Sigmund, Brandenburg Technical University, Cottbus, Germany.
Contribution at international scientific meetings:
"International Jahn-Teller Symposium 2000", Boston, USA, August 16-22, 2000.
Number of scientific publications:
Total number -8 (incl. 1 abstract)
Total number since 1996 - 7 (incl. 1 abstract)
List of publications since 1996:
- A.Shelkan, G.Zavt, V.Hizhnyakov and E.Sigmund, Effect of O-O transfer upon a hole in CuO2 planes of HTS, Z.Phys. B, 104, pp. 433-438, 1997.
- A.Shelkan, G.Zavt, V.Hizhnyakov and E.Sigmund, Oxygen-oxygen transfer in CuO2 planes of weakly doped high-temperature superconductors, Proc. Estonian Acad. Sci., Phys. Math, 46, 3, pp. 221-230, 1997.
- A.Shelkan, V.Hizhnyakov and E.Sigmund, Self-consistent calculation of self-trapping barrier for a hole in CuO2 plane, Journal of Superconductivity, 11, pp. 677-682, 1998.
- A.Shelkan, V.Hizhnyakov and E.Sigmund, Self-consistent calculation of self-trapping barrier of holes in CuO2 plane, Phys.Sol. State, 41, pp. 1042-1045, 1998.
- A.Shelkan and D.Nevedrov, Self-consistent calculation of the autolocalization barrier in anisotropic crystals, NORDITA PREPRINT, 1999.
- A.Shelkan, V.Hizhnyakov and E.Sigmund, Self-trapping barrier for phonon polaron in anisotropic crystals, Journal of Superconductivity, 13, pp. 21-25, 2000.
- A.Shelkan, V.Hizhnyakov, G.Seibold and E.Sigmund, Free and spin-polaron states in high Tc superconductors, Abstr. Intern. Jahn-Teller Symp. Boston, USA, pp. P27, 2000.
- A.Shelkan, V.Hizhnyakov, G.Seibold and E.Sigmund, Free and spin-polaron states in high Tc superconductors, in "Vibronic Interactions: Jahn-Teller Effect in Crystals and Molecules", 2001 Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp.349-356.