Vladimir Hizhnyakov(curriculum vitae)
D.Sc., senior research associate
Phone: +372 7 374759
Date of birth:
May 25, 1938
1960-1963 postgraduate student, Institute of Physics of Estonian Acad. Sci.;
1963-1966 junior scientist, Institute of Physics & Astronomy, Estonian Acad. Sci.;
1966-1987 senior scientist, Institute of Physics & Astronomy, Estonian Acad. Sci.;
1987-1992 part-time professor, University of Tartu;
1987-1992 chief scientist, Institute of Physics, Estonian Acad. Sci.;
1992-2003 head of Chair of Statistical and Quantum Physics, University of Tartu;
1997-2003 head of Solid State Theory Department, Institute of Physics, University of Tartu;
2004-... senior research associate, Institute of Physics, University of Tartu;
2006-2007 DFG Mercator-professor (Germany)
1966, Candid. Phys. Math. Sci., University of Tartu;
1972, Dr. Phys. Math. Sci., University of Tartu.
1965 State Prize of the Estonian SSR in Science;
1977 Correspondent Member of the Estonian Acad. Sci.;
1981 Registration of scientific discovery of hot luminescence in crystals, Moscow, USSR State Committee of Scientific Discoveries;
1986 Honoured Scientist of the Estonian SSR;
1987 Full Member of the Estonian Acad. Sci.;
1995 Annual Award of the Physical Society of Estonia for the research on quantum emission for timedependent media;
2001 Order of White Star of III Degree of the Republic of Estonia;
2003 State Prize of the Republic of Estonia in Science.
Research and administrative activities:
Member of Scientific Council of INTAS;
Member of Scientific Council of the Institute of Physics, Council of Phys.- Chem. Department.
Mati Haas, Ph.D., 1977;
Aleksei Sherman, Ph.D., 1979;
Matti Selg, Ph.D., 1981;
Inna Rebane, Ph.D., 1981;
Mihhail Rozman, Ph.D., 1983;
Ludmila Bragina, Ph.D., 1986;
Viktor Shepelev, Ph.D., 1988;
Aleksandr Shelkan, Ph.D., 1999;
Dmitri Nevedrov, Ph.D., 1999;
Helle Kaasik, Ph.D., 2002;
Natalya Ivanova, M.Sc., 1996;
Vadim Boltrushko, M.Sc., 2004.
high-Tc superconductivity; nonlinear dynamics of solids, vibrational solitons; nonperturbative theory of quantum transitions; theory of glasses; energy transfer in condensed matter; nonlinear and quantum optics; spectroscopy of solid state; theory of zero-phonon lines; resonance secondary emission; theory of resonance Raman effect; theory of hot luminescence; theory of Jahn-Teller effect; theory of polaritons; theory of optical centres, the Jahn-Teller effect; theory of the Mössbauer effect.
Number of scientific publications:
Total number - over 300
Some latest publications:
- V. Hizhnyakov, D. Nevedrov, A.J. Sievers, Quantum properties of intrinsic localized modes, Physica B 316, 132-135 (2002).
- V. Hizhnyakov, H. Kaasik, I. Tehver, High-order vibrational relaxation: a nonperturbative theory, Eur. Phys. J. B 28, 271-276 (2002).
- V. Hizhnyakov, V. Boltrushko, H. Kaasik, I. Sildos, Strong Jahn-Teller effect in the excited state: Anomalous temperature dependence of the zero-phonon line, J. Chem. Phys. 119, 6290-6295 (2003).
- V. Hizhnyakov, Strong two-photon emission by a medium with periodically time-dependent refractive index, quant-ph/0306095 (2003).
- V. Hizhnyakov, G. Benedek, Quantum diffusion: effect of defect-localized phonon dynamics, Eur. Phys. J. B 43, 431-438 (2005).
- J. Kikas, A. Suisalu, A. Kuznetsov, A. Laisaar, J. Takahashi, V. Hizhnyakov, Pressure effects on relaxation in a polymer glass: A persistent spectral hole burning study, Opt. Spectr. 98, 675-680 (2005).
- V. Hizhnyakov, A. Shelkan, M. Klopov, Self-consistent theory of intrinsic localized modes. Application to monatomic chain, Phys. Lett. A 357, 393-396 (2006).
- V. Hizhnyakov, A. Shelkan, M. Klopov, S.A. Kiselev, A.J. Sievers, Linear local modes induced by intrinsic localized modes in a monoatomic chain, Phys. Rev. B 73, 224302 (2006).
- V. Hizhnyakov, I. Tehver, Optical transition in an impurity centre of a crystal: mixing of phonons, Chem. Phys. Lett. 422, 299-302 (2006).